The Pool

Monday, March 20, 2006

Guest Blog

My officemate Robbo is a HUGE college basketball fan. Heres an email I got from him.....

So...a friend and I decide to put a bunch of bets down on the first round of the NCAA tournament. Here is the pain I endured on Thursday and Friday (granted, it's not a lot of money, but it sucks nonetheless):

$50 on UNC-Wilmington (+2.5) over GW...
I had no doubts on this game. We saw Wilmington almost beat the Badgers at the Kohl Center (pre-landry/steimsma). Wilmington is up by 18(!) in the 2nd half. GW goes on a 19-0 run. Overtime. GW wins by 3. I lose $50 by a 1/2 point.

$25 on Ohio State (-10) over Davidson...
OSU wins by 9. I lose.

$25 on Wisconsin (even) over Arizona...
What a ******* joke. Wisconsin chokes badly.

$10 on Oral Roberts to get to 10 points first over Nova...
It was almost tied at half, but Nova went up like 11-2. Yes, this was silly bet, but you know how these little teams like to start strong.

$35 on Michigan State (-6) over George Mason...
That ********** Izzo will have his team ready for the tourney, right? George Mason goes on to thrash them (and North Carolina two days later).

I lost all of my bets.
Gambling sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home