The Pool

Thursday, March 20, 2008

50 Hours to go

3/18


50 hours to go until the first game tips off. Entries are pouring in. Keep'em coming.
Im having trouble getting a fix on my picks this year. Every time I look at a bracket Im always picking all the seeds. And that never works out. Never.
So I put on some old U2 trying to focus. It was working until I realized that Bono was just as pretentious back then as he is now. So I have taken to pronouncing his name Beaux-no instead of Bah-no. That should put him in his place.
Speaking of Beaux, (and theres the segue) How about that Beaux Ryan? Right there is the best coach in college basketball. Yea, I said it. 3 big ten titles in the lasy 7 years. At Wisconsin. Only people named "Knight" can put up those kind of numbers.
Ok so Buck gets the 3 seed. No problem here. If they would have got a 2, they would have played the GTown spot at #3 (assuming they both win) So I dont dwell on the serious shanking Wisconsin got again at the hands of the committee. Theyre still pissed at Wisconsin for the NCAA Championship Hockey game back in 1992 when the refs gave Lake State two 5 on 3 power plays. Man we got screwed in that game. But I digress...
I like Buckys chances into the Elite 8. Then they'll have to come up large vs Kansass. But Lets concentrate on Cal-State Fullerton. Anybody have anything on Cal-State Fullerton? Me neither. But Im sure the Cal-State Fullerton vs Wis-State Madison game will be exciting.
Now Markeet on the other hand got a bit of the ole shaft in their bracket. I mean Kentucky??? Thats going to be a popular 11 over 6 pick Im telling ya. Then if they win, Stanford? The trees have a set of twins who are both 7 feet tall and 260 lbs. And theres only one Ousman Barro.
If youre looking for a big cool bracket printout, 42x36 inches, friend of the Pool Bernie Benson has them for $10 (if you mention this pool) at the UPS Store at 3815 N Brookfield Rd in Brookfield 262.790.1515. If youre a serious pool player or perhaps visually impaired you might want to pick one up.
Ok enough of my nonsense, Pool site is
http://dusty.dyndns.org/pools/poolentry/pool_other.asp
Im going go put on some Earth Wind and Fire and try to get this Bow-no out of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home