The Pool

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Can ya feel it?

Emailed 3/11

Oh man we're getting close now. Sunday at 5pm. 5 days and 5 hours from now.
The latest. Im sure everyone heard about Bucky and their Big Ten Championship. Yea, thats some sweet action. And then theres Market's 5th plac.... no I promised myself I would not go there.
Bucky pretty much has a 3 seed wrapped up. Right now Georgetown has a leg up on the last #2 (East coast bias) but if they lose in the Big East tourney and Buck wins their first 2 Bucky could sneak into a #2 seed. Initially I thought that there wasnt much difference between a 2 and a 3. But when I went to the stats, (I go to the stats quite often) I see the #2 wins their 1st game 95% of the time and the #3s only win at a 75% clip. The 2s goto the sweet 16 63% of the time, the 3s only 39%. 6 seeds actually have a better record going to the 16 than 3s. Crazy I know, but stats dont lie. And I dont want to even get into the 12 over 5 situation. It might just blow your mind.
So count on a #3 seed for Buckminster and with a break, a #2. Market will probably end up a #5. You know Market hasnt won a NCAA Tourney game since Dwyane Wade was there? Thats a span of like 14 years I think. Maybe this year....oh wait. Im not going there.
Ok Ill have the site up Sunday evening for purposes of picking. Make sure to get up early on Monday and go out and buy the USAToday tournament edition. Its chocked full (yes, chocked) of the all important data youll need to make your tourney picking a success. Chocked I tell ya.
Entry fee will again be the standard $10. Payable by cash, check, PayPal (jcrucius@facstaff.wisc.edu) or RevolutionMoney (jcrucius@wisc.edu)
Revolution Money is a new competitor for PayPal (who I dislike. Their fees are too high) If you sign up for a Revolution Money account they will put $25 into your acct as a startup. So if youre willing to do that you can get free entry. Let me know if you want me to send you an invitation.
Oh one last thing Id like to point out. Wisconsin won the Big Ten. New Berlin Eisenhower won the state Division 2 championship. Market and Slinger.... nope... not gonna go there..... tempting...but no.
Full disclosure. I owe JohnnyT $10 for Market's on the road win over Wisconsin this year. That win will bounce Market up a full seed in the NCAAs.
WAR Bucky being a #2
Happy Bracketing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home