The Pool

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anticipation

3/20 8:45 am


The antricipation is killing me! This must be how my sister feels waiting for Rick Springfield tickets to go on sale.
We're 3 hours away from game time. For those new poolers out there I try to send info out at strategic times during the day. Trying to keep people at work up to date. Made more sense years ago when the games werent streamed to your desktop. But its a tradition so I keep doing it.
So what does one do while waiting for games to start. Heres my day.
5:30-7 - Work out. Played basketball. So there were 10 guys this morning. We split the first 4 games. Game 5 goes back and forth. It ends up 10-10 and we're playing straight up to 11 (no win by 2). Both teams missed a couple of shots. Everybody is just dead. So the good guy on my team gets the ball a couple feet beyond the arc and with the other teams good guy right in his face just drains a 3 for the win.
A great start to a day of basketball.
7:30 - Stop at pick and save for provisions. One pound spaghetti. One pound burger. One 32 ounce jar of meat flavored Prego. Thats right I get meat flavored sauce and then I add meat to it. Only if there was some sort of meat flavored cheese I could put on it. Spaghetti is an ideal meal for the tourney. You can make a huge pile of it and then heat it up almost instantly for a meal of any size at any time. In fact as the day goes on, I ususlly dont even heat it up.
8:30 Put a half hour aside to try to figure out how to get the side by side picture thing working on my TV. A couple years ago I accidentally got it working. Didnt even know the 65 inch Mitsubishi had that particular ability. But its prefect for this situaiton. But the only time I use it in this particular day. SO every year I have to re-discover how to set it up.
9:00 Eat 2nd helping of spaghetti. Try to figure out if Ill need to go back to Pick N Save and get more.
9:15. Begins entering picks into all free on line contests I can find.
10:00 Send out the email to everyone work explaining that its tourney day and Im taking off so they should stop emailing me to upgrade their website.
11:00 Tune into CBS for the next 12 hours.
How about a quick stats break. In 18 years of the pool, people have picked Duke to win it all 177 times.
So far nobody has picked Cat-State Fullerton to beat Wis-State Madison this year.
Other whitewashes, NC, Kansas, UCLA and Tenn.
Entries close at 11 if youre not already in. Market-Kentucky starts at 1:30, Wis is at 8:40.
Good Luck everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home