The Pool

Friday, March 21, 2008

Round 1

And Day 1 of the 2008 NCAA Tourney is in the books. We have Pete and Dean still perfect through 16 games. That Belmont-Duke game was quite the show wasnt it. But in the end you knew Duke would win. Even if the ref had to make some sort of suspisious Duke call as has happened so many times before, Coach K would not be denied a first round win. 6 people have Duke winning it all. All 6 of them had to change their shorts after the game.
Bucky played theyre typical game in pulling away in the second half. Good defense, rebounding, few fouls. And now Kansas State is up next with the frosh of the year Michael Beasley. During the lead up week I heard many "experts" picking USC over Wisconsin. Even in the poole theres 11 people that picked USC and one that picked K-State. Have ye no faith?
Ill be at some local bar/restaurant today watching the games in a snowstorm. Not happy about that at all. I finally got the iceberg from the end of my driveway cleared off and then the weather people dump another 6 inches out there. I really need to talk to someone about this winter stuff.
On sat Market plays Stanford at 5:45. Stanford is a 2.5 point favorite. And theyre huge. It should be an interesting game. Big vs fast. I just have this feeling that Crean is about to get out-coached. And I dont even know who the Stanford coach is.
I havent seen a K-State/Wis spread yet. That game is scheduld to tip at 3:10 according to my source which is some random page on the Internet. So you would be correct to question the accuracy of that particular fact.
There is maybe a quarter of the spaghetti left. I went to BW3 for a chicken wing dinner last night so I was unable to make my 4th meal of the day out of the remaining spaghetti. However I do plan on having a small bowl before I leave this morning.
16 more games today. 11:15 start. Two 7-10 games to start off the Friday festivities. In the past couple of years, Thursday has pretty much gone to the favorites. Then Friday is full of all the crazy upsets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home